We are about to celebrate our first milestone on this long and interesting reviewing journey.
Our 50th review is due out on the 14th May, so we want to make a big deal about having made it this far.
But before we get to the exciting bit, we would like to say a huge thank you to our very kind and voluntary review crew members. Without you this would be so much harder to keep on track, producing two reviews a week for everyone to read and enjoy.
Now the exciting bit of this post.
We are having our first competition at 1001 Books. Here is what you have to do, and what you might be lucky enough to win…
Leave a comment on this post telling everyone which book from the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die lists you would love to own, and why you want to own it.
What you will win? The book you want to own, of course !
Now on to the not-so-fine print.
– One entry per person please.
– If you want to tell us about more than one book, that’s fine, but if you become the winner you will have to choose just one.
– The book will be the paperback version.
– The competition opens today and will close when the 50th review is published, so get your comments in early.
– We will use Random.org to select the winning comment number*.
– The book you choose will need to be available from The Book Depository, as that is our preferred supplier.
– Although our 1001 Book List page currently only contains the 2006 edition books, entries from all three lists are welcome.
– And one last condition – if the book has not already been reviewed, we would appreciate it if you would write one for us.
And there ends the list of conditions. We want to wish you all the very best of luck, and we are looking forward to hearing all about your bookish wishlist. Happy reading everybody !
* Our comments do not use a numbered format, so we will consider the earliest comment to be #1 and so on down to the last comment. Please don’t nest your comment.